Friday, October 8, 2010

Dear Aspiring Rap Superstar & Friend,

I'm sure you sometimes stare at the t.v. in disbelief just like me when watching some of the hip hop music videos, and especially some of the most recent music award ceremonies.Like you, I scratch my head and ask,
"How did this guy win a Grammy?"
"How did this garbage go platinum?"

In all honesty, it has probably made you and me both think about doing something else sometimes. Let me be clear about what I do...I am not a rapper, but I am a Publicist who works with rappers and singers from all over. So even though I don't rap like you, I completely understand the disapointment you feel as a rap artist. After analyzing the industry, I have figured out why those garbage rappers succeed. I'm sure you already know the answer as well as I do. Yes, there are a number of things that contribute to their success... Without naming any names (although I'm sure you can probably guess some of the rappers I"m talkin' about), there are a number of rappers who have won awards, and even Grammys. Because in some of these cases, having super hot hip hop beats is what allows some of these garbage rappers to survive. Now, some artists, most artists make it because of hard work and a willingness to invest in themselves as much as possible.
Marketing, my friend, is another key to success as a rap/hip hop artist. Cece Vance ~ Publicist

No comments:

Post a Comment